LOCATION: REMOTE (Europe)
JOB TITLE: Long Distance Coach Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Vosaio Transport Department
REPORTING TO: Transport Department Manager
SALARY: Based on experience. Career progression will be available for the right candidate.
The role requires responsible person to contract and book LDC and local coach services in Europe, paying attention to special clients’ requests and market demands. You will be expected to support our worldwide offices and to answer queries from our suppliers. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is proactive, able to solve problems under pressure in a very dynamic environment. You must also have the ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural environment. Professional work experience in the same area is a must, as well as the ability to negotiate and influence. Excellent communication skills are a must.
The right candidate will be expected to:
- Allocate and confirm reservations for transportation using VOSAIO booking system, paying attention to any special client requests.
- Manage the bookings on-going process and interface with operations department to ensure that time commitments and quality standards are achieved. Ensure all services are confirmed within the finalization date.
- Promptly deal with queries from sales office staff and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Process cancellations, monitor amendments and modifications and promptly relay this information to all parties affected.
- Ensure suppliers’ confirmations have been correctly received and archived in our system.
- Request coach and driver details for all coach services under own remit and ensure that there are no discrepancies between what we expect and what has been provided, in terms of coach age, facilities or standard of driver.
- Investigate and solve ‘’on the road’’ problems.
- Make sure suppliers’ invoices are matching our booked service pricing.
- Check itineraries to ensure current legislation is being adhered to.
- Take part in familiarization trips in order to gain information on issues and amenities in order to meet clients’ needs.
- Develop and maintain healthy business relationships with new and old suppliers.
- Look for new suppliers according to clients’ requests and market demand and negotiate rates.
- Analyze and review pricing for already contracted services, in order to stay competitive in the market.
- Ensure our database is accurately updated with current and future prices and conditions.
- Work overtime may occasionally be necessary during peak times.
- Must have previous experience in contracting and booking coach services around Europe.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Close attention to detail, ability to identify issues and implement processes to prevent errors.
- Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must be collaborative and be able to work in a team-based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ‘’hands-on’’.
- High ethical standards, analytical ability.
- Decisiveness – ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges.
- Possess a good ability in maintaining their composure and objectivity when under pressure.
A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet